Persystent Suite is uniquely positioned to help Schools, Colleges, and other Educational Institutions
Educational institutions face unique IT challenges that derive from servicing the diverse IT needs of faculty, staff and students. These include under-supervised multi-user PCs in places like kiosks and libraries, the need to regulate and restore classroom computer labs, the oversight of loaner PCs to students, and support a variety of faculty and administration business needs.
Persystent Suite offers schools an effective solution that provides distinct “wins” across
the organization in support mission critical goals such as:
• Ensuring PC availability and productivity
• Preserving a compliant & secure environment
• Solving a multitude of break/fix issues
• Expanding ROI /doing “more with less”
Persystent Suite simplifies the restoration and recovery process by applying an automated self-healing capability that repairs and recovers any PC without manual intervention. However, it is much more than that. Primarily considered a repair or imaging tool, Persystent’s wide array of integrated capabilities and proprietary technological differences make a qualitative and measurable impact for schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutions of various sizes and scopes. Here are 10 “wins” that will help schools achieve many of their IT management goals:
1. Reducing support incidents with Self-healing or on demand repair automatically fixes a corrupted OS back to the last known desired state in a single reboot…about 45 seconds. This not only addresses the multitude of break/fix help desk calls from students and faculty, but is also the same process that allows computer lab PCs to be reset to desired settings before the beginning of every class. Essentially this key capability allows you to fix first, troubleshoot later and resolve issues in seconds.
2. Easily migrate to new and updated platforms like Windows 10/ In-Place PC Refresh: As many schools are looking to migrate the majority of their PCs to the latest operating system o, Persystent applies its proprietary automated imaging capability to configure the necessary changes and distribute the updated and approved base image to every machine. This process also addresses patching systems, updating applications, user profiles and setting, and other required maintenance. With the hundreds of PCs owned by the school, not only is this an efficient way to centrally control Whether you are updating 1 or 100s of PCs, the imaging capabilities of Persystent are faster and more accurate than anything else on the market.
3. Maintain the integrity of multi-user PCs like self-serve kiosks and libraries. Because most of these independent PCs are under-supervised, they’re often open to a variety of abuses including the introduction of unauthorized downloads and files, malware, and other activities that are outside of school usage policies. These abuses often lead to catastrophic hard drive failure, potentially spread virus infections and require intensive repairs. However, IT can schedule that these devices are rebooted daily (applying Persystent’s self-healing capability) and automatically returned to their complaint, desired state.
4. Ensure hard drive sanitization with NIST/DoD recommended wipe When retired or recycled, hard disks still contain sensitive information, Persystent quickly and seamlessly erases data and sanitizes the drive. It sanitizes a 256GB device sanitized in less than 40 minutes: about 10 seconds per gigabyte. Additionally, if a student reports a school-owned PC lost or stolen device is lost or stolen, the Sys Admin can even wipe a drive remotely. So the next time the device is turned on, it will no longer be a viable.
5. Get IT support team out of the “re-imaging business.”: Re-imaging is a lengthy and tedious process. In most cases it takes a user’s device out of commission for hours if not days. Typically, the re-imaging process typically rolls back to a Day Zero fresh start. This means data is lost, applications removed; authorized and personal settings gone. Persystent Suite provides multiple levels of repair (so student PCs can be addressed differently than faculty or administration PCs). This not only save data, application and settings, it removes problems and performance issues by restoring a desired state in near real time.
6. Remove shadow IT: You see this daily! Students and faculty love to download and deploy applications –but do it without the blessing of IT. This creates a variety of configuration, malware and security issues. This opens the floodgates to a variety of competing computing agendas and compliance problems. Persystent Suite manages images on the individual level so IT can always know what is supposed to be on a device. All unauthorized applications get removed.
7. Avoiding zero-day rollback: School IT spends a great deal of time re-imaging performance-deficient PCs. However, often times a zero-day rollback loses important profiles, settings and applications.–sometimes even critical files like a student’s semester-long research or a professor’s lesson plan are lost. Persystent’s capability of returning to the last known desired state avoids this. Applied against individual machines, defined user groups or entire environment, our multiple levels of repair ensure the necessary flexibility for how invasive the repair/recovery must be. Your school policies determine what OS registries, applications and files will be automatically corrected back to an approved ideal state upon reboot. This way if a repair is required, it doesn’t roll back to factory settings. The user receives their recovered system with their files, settings and profiles intact.
8. Provides 4 functional features as a single solution for much less than cumulative cost of the 4 separate functions: Persystent Suite provides feature-rich, enterprise-powered capabilities as a single centralized source solution (repair/recovery, imaging, change management, drive sanitization) at a price point typically less than a single function alternative currently on the market. Not only does Persystent Suite’s budget friendliness look good on the school’s balance sheet, but simply outperforms market options many school’s current deploy; does it faster, more accurately, with more automations, without over-complexity, and does it in alignment with current IT best practices
9. Promotes continuous reliability and expanded PC Life Cycle: By reducing on-site tech visits, operational downtime, service desk case resolution times, repeat instances and configuration management issues, the devices under the school SysAdmin’s purview maintain a near 100% availability. Not only are the PCs up and running, but they are operating at optimum capacity for longer and they are based on the school’s usage policies and security protocols.
10. It is like having additional headcount without the additional cost: The automations within Persystent Suite removes the burden of constant repair, imaging, troubleshooting, desk side visitations, and update distribution so that the time and effort spent on routine, resource-draining repairs can now be re-assigned to higher-priority tasks that support the school’s mission. Persystent Suite helps achieve this goal in three ways:
- Extension of the device lifecycle through automated self-healing not only reduces cost per support incident, but keeps a device (PC and server) healthier for longer.
- Reduction of downtime incidents make end faculty/admin/students more productive, happier
- Implementation of procedural efficiencies in things like scheduled updates are applied faster and with greater accuracy,